Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2 Announced

b2w2

You know the regular Pokémon cycle? You know, the one where you get two different version of the game, then an an enhanced remakes a little further down the road? Yeah, well Nintendo has thrown all of that out of the window, and announced Pokémon Black 2 and White 2.

Details are still extremely slim at this point, but it seems that the game will have something to do with the two new forms of the legendary Pokémon Kyuurem, pictured above.

Also, thanks to Junichi Masuda’s Twitter account, we know the game will be released for the regular ol’ DS this June. That’s most likely Japanese release date, as the game’s official US site has the release date listed as a cryptic “coming soon”.

Interestingly, the game’s Japanese website has an image with the word 3DS in it. Unfortunately, I don’t know an ounce of Japanese. Is it a hint at the game having enhancements for 3DS owners? Or just an advertisement for the system? If you can speak Japanese, feel free to let us know in the comments.

jtrims said Feb 25th 2012 7:59 PM

I think the 3DS reference is just to make doubly sure people know you can play DS games on the 3DS… It translates as “Play it on the 3DS too”.

grimueax said Feb 25th 2012 8:14 PM

Makes perfect sense. Thank you, sir.

Ben said Feb 26th 2012 8:04 AM

I went to the Pokemon Official Website and it said that Black and White 2 will be realeased for the DS and 3DS. No lie, I swear.

Wayne said Feb 25th 2012 9:18 PM

The 3DS will not have special features. It actually says “Playable in 2D on the 3DS” and it will not have the great quality that it will have on a normal Nintendo DS or Nintendo DSi/XL. The excitement for these games are high, and Black Kyruem and White Kyruem will definitely be an interesting match; considering this is the “first” sequel Pokemon has done. Though I think the game will arrive in the US sooner than we think…

Joey said Feb 26th 2012 3:51 AM

Well I don’t know… No info on this is at Gamefaqs yet so I will keep my fingers crossed for now.

yhBLAZED said Feb 26th 2012 11:02 AM

I refuse to call them Black 2 and White 2 and I will instead refer to them as Gray 1 and Gray 2.

Dirk Nowitzki Jersey Black said Feb 28th 2012 1:06 AM

Tobirama said Mar 1st 2012 1:41 PM

On a site a site it was mentioned Pokemon Black 2 [DSi Enhanced], but you can play it on DS or 3DS

Tobirama said Mar 1st 2012 2:11 PM

The games can also be played in 2D on the Nintendo 3DS™ system.