Details on the Tomb Raider reboot have, fittingly enough, remained much of a mystery. With the exception of a few screenshots and a debut trailer, little is known about the first adventure of Lara Croft. Fresh out of school and ready for adventure, Lara’s ship wrecks, washing her onto a mysterious island. She must then fight to survive, battling the island’s strange inhabitants and polar bea—wait, different story, sorry.
But a small sliver of light has finally been shed on a few of the game’s details. Karl Stewart, Tomb Raider’s Global Brand director, answered the questions of six eager fans. Check out the highlights below, or hop over to the Eidos Forums for the full text.
- Melee, ranged and stealth interactions will be an integral part of gameplay. Keep your eyes peeled for more on the combat system, which will be unveiled at E3.
- Prepare to do some diverse island hunting.
- If you’re hoping for romance, you’re out of luck. Lady Lara is going to be too busy surviving to woo anyone.
- Although Lara will eventually make a “core discovery” that will unlock the island’s secrets, her main goal will simply be to survive.
- As far as climbing, the game has a number of fixed points to ensure an organic experience. Still, you won’t be able to Spiderman your way up everything; some cliffs will prove to be too steep or rocky.
- Behind the scenes content is on the way.