Ocarina of Time 3DS Opening: It’s the Same, but Different!

zoom_ENHANCE

With the new opening scene from the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time released for general consumption, one thing stands out above all else. It’s basically the same as it ever was. Spoiler alert: Epona doesn’t start flying and they soar over the castle while Link showers everyone with glitter.

What’s different? The obvious stuff. There are some better textures, the trees are a little more lush and the mountains are more… mountainous. Oh, and since we know what we’re getting ourselves into, they save the title for the final seconds of the opening.

This video isn’t meant to give us anything aside from a major case of the shakes while we wait for the game to drop this June. I think everyone is expecting better texturing, more vibrant colors, more Ds. You know the drill with all these ports. Watch it and enjoy.

branparker said Apr 25th 2011 3:54 PM

So THAT’S What We Were Excited About Before Portal 2.

vehx said Apr 25th 2011 5:07 PM

Bet this has a longer life than Portal 2 does too

theevan117 said Apr 25th 2011 11:24 PM

I wouldn’t necessarily say that. For all of the people that played the original, there’s only so much that a re-textured version can give. Having completed OoT at least five times, I wouldn’t drop the cash for a 3DS to simply play a slightly better looking version.

Paper92 said Apr 26th 2011 11:56 AM

Amen to you sir, the 3DS right now is just seeming like an easy way for Nintendo to throw out a whole bunch of it’s N64 games and give them a small face lift. Maybe once they start making some original games that I’m actually vested in, then I’ll THINK about getting it, that’s even a slim chance.

yigh said Apr 25th 2011 5:16 PM

I really dislike how game companies are now remastering old games for newer mediums as opposed to creating new games (cough looking at YOU, Square Enix)

jHopik said Apr 25th 2011 6:26 PM

Except Square still hasn’t remastered FF7. -__-

goldfire said Apr 25th 2011 6:49 PM

They have, however, done all of the older ones. Several times.

jenshaffer said Apr 25th 2011 6:49 PM

I talked about that recently in a podcast I did. I won’t lie, a portable N64 is definitely welcome, I just don’t want porting to be the crutch that keeps Nintendo afloat.

zomgoof said Apr 25th 2011 7:22 PM

you know you’ve made a good game when fans drool over each remake of it:)

ayesar said Apr 25th 2011 8:11 PM

I just nostalgia’d hard, even if it was a bit different. That’s a good sign for the whole game, I think.

EnergyXr7 said Apr 25th 2011 9:31 PM

I love OoT, but seriously Nintendo? Your big ticket game is a port!

EnergyXr7 said Apr 25th 2011 9:32 PM

Though to be fair I did just buy a 3ds and am excited for quite a few of the upcoming titles, as well as the ability to stream Netflix though it!

marsem said Apr 25th 2011 9:52 PM

Does anyone else think that animations for Epona look a bit off?

I’m excited to play this; haven’t played OoT since the last time I had a working N64 :)

xcleverarmsx said Apr 25th 2011 10:06 PM

I just nostalgia’d all over my keyboard.

colonelgrave said Apr 25th 2011 11:55 PM

I am so stoked, I never played Ocarina of Time and I recently bought a 3DS, a lot of my friends have busted my balls for never playing it , so I am assuming I am in for a real treat.

obeyming said Apr 26th 2011 12:45 PM

Somehow I don’t think playing on a portable device satisfies my nostalgia for me.

xerexerex said Apr 27th 2011 4:55 PM

This is one of the games that will one day lead me to purchase a 3DS.