Wii 2 Set for E3 Unveiling?

Wii2

Today Game Informer let the internet know that those rumors that have been floating around about a new Nintendo console are more than just talk. According to the article, Nintendo has been taking the new console around to developers in an effort to reclaim some support among third-parties on their new console endeavor.

Little is known about the new console aside from knowing that it will be HD and that Nintendo will be supposedly showing it off at E3 expecting a late 2012 release. The official E3 Twitter all but confirms that the “Wii HD” will be making an appearance at the show. Everything beyond that seems to be speculation at this point.

Will it be more powerful than PS3 and 360? Will it be completely backwards compatible? Will I have to waggle to score all the points? These questions have yet to be answered, as Nintendo itself has not replied to queries, but “sources” seem to be all over the board about the fine details. We will keep following Nintendo’s console for you, and keep you updated as further information emerges.

SerebroRaya said Apr 14th 2011 4:38 PM

Hopefully they’ll regain some of the “gamer market” with this console. Very few of my friends can admit to liking the Wii for anything but the games they’ve been playing since the dawn of time (i.e. Legend of Zelda, the ‘main’ Mario games, etc).

Ibuprofen said Apr 14th 2011 4:40 PM

“Little is known about the new console aside from knowing that it will be HD”

And there was much rejoicing

Ryamatsu said Apr 14th 2011 4:52 PM

I hope they make a normal controller. I’ve grown tired of motion gaming. It’s so… 2006.

JimWhoa said Apr 14th 2011 4:56 PM

I just want it to have a damn hard drive and some kind online profile support. I understand their insistence on using friend codes but make those a parental control option; adults shouldn’t have to put up with them themselves.

It’s sad that Nintendo has conditioned me to regard standard features on other systems as innovation in their own products.

Paper92 said Apr 14th 2011 4:59 PM

I’m not going to be excited about this until I see what they can bring to the console space that isn’t already being done by the other 2 developers. And Nintendo has a LOT of catching up to do for it to remain in the mainstream view of hardcore gamers.

remkai said Apr 14th 2011 6:20 PM

ha watch them delay legend of zelda skyward sword so it can be a launch title. But seriously, I still thought the wii had 2-3 years left with the new kirby, pikmin 3, and whatever other games nintendo is working on now.

guycom said Apr 14th 2011 6:51 PM

how about nintendo stop jerking off to only casual gamers and get with the program

zachmartin said Apr 14th 2011 7:59 PM

Called it! Damn, I’m smart. B-)

calrissian said Apr 15th 2011 1:33 PM

All I hope is that they come out with bigger and better games then they have for the Wii. Sure Wii Games, and Wii Resort are fun and all, but where are the really big name games besides Zelda and Brawl? Step it up Nintendo!