Catherine too Sexy/Bizarre/Difficult for North America

abwuuuuuuuuuuah

Poor America. Not only are you left without Ubisoft’s 12-rated inappropriate touching simulator “We Dare”, but now it seems that Catherine, Atlus’ batshit-insane “adult-themed” action-adventure romp will also be left without a North American release.

With Catherine topping the Japanese charts, BeefJack contacted the developer-publisher to get an official comment on any release plans outside of Japan. The news wasn’t good –

“Catherine is a Japan-only game and there are no plans for a NA release at this time. Sorry about that!”

So, sad pandas all-round. Although at least now we won’t have to deal with the inevitable steaming pile of moral outrage from the likes of Fox News and The Daily Mail.

dac said Feb 28th 2011 1:04 PM

What the fuck is this game?

Patrick Ottaviano said Feb 28th 2011 1:16 PM

My response to Japan every time they say a game is too difficult for us: Oh yeah? Well fuck you!

Blackpaw said Feb 28th 2011 1:46 PM

I find it stupid that people get outraged over things that AREN’T REAL. I say let em release it.

Patrick Tarrant said Feb 28th 2011 2:00 PM

I remember being totally taken aback by the trailer. I have a dislike for the style of anime, but I have to admit I WAS interested in playing this one. Oh well.

maths said Feb 28th 2011 4:09 PM

Atlus, I am disappoint. Seriously, what games of theirs don’t do well over here? If they can release something as obscure as Summon Night, and still have it be profitable enough to release a sequel, they can release Catherine. I’ve been looking forward to this game since it was announced, being an avid fan of Atlus, and an avid fan of 4C, the animation studio behind it. They should just release the damn game and let the player decide if it’s too fucked up and difficult. Fuck.

I’m in a bad mood, now,

pitman said Mar 1st 2011 3:55 AM

If it was featuring strong burly men would they’ll bring it over ?