18 games for the 3DS will drop for the system’s U.S. release on March 27th, each at a retail price of $39.99, Nintendo announced today. Nintendo’s first party offerings are the Pilotwings Resort (part of their flight-sim series that hasn’t seen a sequel in almost 15 years), submarine sim Steel Diver, and three versions of Nintendogs + Cats. The portable system will also be accompanied by a healthy assortment of third-party titles:
- Super Street Fighter® IV 3D Edition from CAPCOM
- The Sims™ 3 from EA
- Madden NFL Football from EA SPORTS
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D from Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
- LEGO® Star Wars® III: The Clone Wars™ from LucasArts™
- RIDGE RACER® 3D from NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
- Super Monkey Ball™ 3D from SEGA
- BUST-A-MOVE UNIVERSE™ from Square-Enix, Inc.
- SAMURAI WARRIORS®: Chronicles from TECMO KOEI AMERICA Corp.
- Asphalt™ 3D from UBISOFT
- Combat of Giants™: Dinosaurs 3D from UBISOFT
- Rayman® 3D from UBISOFT
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Shadow Wars from UBISOFT
Thirty titles should be available by early June. Nintendo added that The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising and “new installments” in the Mario Kart series are scheduled for a 2011 release. Installments? Like, more than one? Interesting.
Will you be diving in with a day-one purchase? Let us know in the comments…