If you’ve been waiting to play Max Payne 3 since you finished the second one way back in 2003, then it appears as if the game’s publisher, Take-Two, is going to make you wait even longer. The publisher just released their 2011/2012 launch lineup, and everyone’s favorite pill popping vigilante is nowhere to be found. As a result, Payne fans can commence their lamenting right about now.
The Take-Two launch schedule is currently looking something like this:
- L.A. Noire (Xbox 360, PS3): Spring 2011
- Top Spin 4 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii): Fiscal Q4 2011
- Major League Baseball 2K11 (Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, PC): Fiscal Q4 2011
- Duke Nukem Forever (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Calendar Year 2011
- Spec Ops: The Line (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Fiscal Year 2012
- XCOM (Xbox 360, PC): Fiscal Year 2012
- BioShock Infinite (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Calendar Year 2012
So, as you can see, no Max Payne. The good news is, we’re getting Top Spin 4 instead…. Ahem. Regardless, this comes as especially disheartening news seeing as the game was delayed indefinitely over the summer, after missing its original early 2010 date and then its adjusted Fall release. To make things worse, a Take-Two rep told Eurogamer that the company has no further news of a launch window or any details regarding the game.
So, if you were looking forward to some good old, Max Payne, bull-time-shooting fun in the near future, it seems like you’ll just have to go back to playing one of the original games or watching the movie (though we wouldn’t wish that upon anyone) until Take-Two finally decides to make good on their promises.